Ordering & FAQs
Please take a moment to read through our shipping terms and store policies when placing an order.
CHASE + SCOUT (C+S) Jewelry can be found
In Austin at Blackmail Boutique 1202 S Congress Avenue, 78704.
In New Orleans at The Dark Lady of New Orleans 5715 1/2 Magazine Street, New Orleans 70115.
In Seattle at Roq La Rue Gallery 705 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122
In New York at Stone Sparrow NYC Greenwich Village
Follow us on Instagram
CARING FOR YOUR C+S JEWELRY
Each piece of CHASE + SCOUT jewelry is made by hand. We recommend that you remove your jewelry before performing actions such as bathing, doing the dishes, or sweaty activity as the moisture can damage some stones or remove the patina.
Patinas have been protected with clear sealer. However, no patina is permanent and will change slightly over time. Never spray perfumes on any piece of handmade jewelry and be aware that creams, oils or moisturizers can remove patina, or even etch the metals with repeated exposure. Never clean jewelry with commercial jewelry cleaners or in ultrasonic immersion cleaners as these can damage certain stones and remove the patina.
To clean wash with mild soap and cool to warm water (not Hot!), then dry gently with a soft cloth.
C+S LAYAWAY PROGRAM
Layaway options are available with prior approval. Contact CHASE + SCOUT to arrange for an item to be reserved for you. No more than 3 payments will be allowed for one purchase. A non-refundable 20% deposit will be required, and shipping is due when the final payment is made. Layaway is not available in conjunction with discounts and/or promotions.
Looking for Your Layaway?
Please visit our Layaway page to locate your order and make a payment.
- Each item on CHASE + SCOUT is made to order, and by hand. Creation time can take up to 14 business days, unless otherwise specifically noted on a product page. It is not uncommon that my work is ready to ship out sooner, often within a week.
- If you have a deadline, please contact the studio prior to ordering. C+S does not offer "rush service" as each piece is created by hand in our Austin studio, after the order is submitted. Your patience is appreciated!
- All US purchases over $250 are sent with "signature due upon delivery" to prevent the delivery agent from leaving your purchase on a doorstep unattended. Tracking and insurance provided by the carrier will also be included.
- C+S uses FedEx and USPS Priority specifically to minimize transit time and therefore minimize damage. However, things can happen no matter how well packed an item is and therefore all items are insured for their full value.
- If you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, contact C+S directly via email immediately.
- All customs and duty charges are the customer's responsibility. C+S will not fraudulently mark shipments as gifts. International orders are also sent insured.
- If you do not see your country listed for shipping rate information, please email us directly with your city/country and the item of interest. If possible, C+S will send you a shipping quote with a link in the order to complete your purchase.
- C+S does not ship to forwarding companies and reserves the right to refuse any sale.
- NOTE: International shipments refused for high import taxes are not returned by international post offices. Please be aware of your import taxes before ordering.
CHASE + SCOUT reserves the right to cancel orders for any reason with a full refund to the purchaser.
Refunds and Exchanges
Due to the unique nature of our jewelry and as each piece is made to order, C+S does not offer refunds. If you are unsure about a piece, please contact the studio prior to ordering. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have!
All C+S rings are made to size. If you are unsure of your correct size please visit any fine jewelry store to be accurately sized. Many C+S rings can be made as an adjustable ring, simply contact us for details.
As a custom studio, we are firm on our refund policy. However, if you are unhappy with your C+S piece, a store exchange credit* may be the solution you are looking for. Customers must contact C+S within 3 days of receipt of your order to qualify for an exchange.
To request an exchange credit, please follow these simple steps:
- Contact C+S at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receipt of your order. PLEASE DO NOT return an item without contacting us first.
- Once you have received an exchange confirmation from C+S, repack the item carefully in its original packaging.
- Ship return items with tracking and insurance for the full value of the piece.* This is for your protection while it is in transit. If you fail to provide either of these, should the package be lost or damaged, C+S can not be responsible for replacement or store credit.
Notify C+S that the item has been sent and include the required tracking information.
- Once the item is received, inspected and approved for restocking, you will promptly be issued a store credit.
*C+S does not refund or credit shipping in either direction for exchanges.
Returns are no fun for anyone -- please let us know if we can be of service in answering any questions you may still have prior to making your purchase.
Should you have an accident with your CHASE + SCOUT jewelry you are welcome to contact C+S at email@example.com with photos and a description of the problem to receive a repair estimate. Please ensure adequate padding when shipping merchandise for a repair.
For shipping, refer to the exchange steps listed above. Include insurance and tracking as C+S can not be responsible for packages that are lost or damaged in transit. Customers are responsible for shipping fees in both directions.
C+S is firmly grounded in representations of the natural realm. Much of my focus is on creating permanent adornment and highly personal regalia based on the more fleeting aspects of nature. Working with staff from the Texas nature conservancy, and several local taxidermists, I am able to model works on wildlife that has passed on due to natural causes. While my work is highly detailed and very realistic, I do not support the intentional destruction of nature for fashion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is part of our ideology to always treat our collectors with kindness and understanding. We strive to treat our customers with respect and hope you will extend us the same courtesy. All designs copyright CHASE + SCOUT. All designs are registered with the US Copyright office. Purchase does not convey the right to reproduce.